Thursday, 15 February 2007

A day of baking and making

Having a whole day of making and baking is so much fun. Yesterday *the girls* and I had great fun all morning baking in the kitchen. We started off baking bread, then moved on to the choc-chippie biccies! There was plenty of taste testing going on, and of course, the wearing of aprons!
My lovely SIL, Jenna, made me THE coolest apron for Christmas (we did a *make or bake* Christmas). It ties around the waist, has 4 pockets and is made from grey denim and grey fabric with skulls on! Very cool!

At nap time i got busy on my dress, it is now finished up to the hemming. I love it! However, i have realized it is quite see-through!!! It will be perfect over leggings with boots in winter. Or over jeans. I am saving the pics for after the meeting of the *Undie Makers* tommorow night.

I also made the first of the pencil rolls. I was so happy with the way this turned out, as i just made it up as i went along!



Today we went back to the Op Shop to pick up the wardrobe i am planning on restoring. It cost me a whole $15!! It is painted an ugly green. Javi is not convinced on it yet, but, i think it will work!



When i saw this...


...I just had to take him home. He had no ears and no eyes, so, i raided my stash and whipped up some ears, and sewed on square, pearl button eyes! He is to become *the girls* new dress-up box!








5 comments:

skatey katie said...

that is all looking so fabulous, jess!!!
OMG i am *boggling* at the undie-makers-meet.... you *have* to post pix !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skatey katie said...

oh i forgot to say that your elphant definitely falls in the *cool kitsch* category lol...
i think he would look very funky: PINK!!!!!

Jess said...

Pink may be a bit TOO kitsh!! He is one styly elephant. The ladies at Sallies were like, "Oh my gosh, we have been trying to sell that for MONTHS!!!"

We haven't made any undies yet! It is on the *to-do* list!!! We needed a good name for ourselves! The husbands are setting up a *Undie-makers-husbands Support Group*!!!!

skatey katie said...

how about D.D.C = DaDaxChix ???
or Racey Laceys ???????
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Jess Connell said...

Cute elephant! Found you through the blog party; fun blog!

Blessings!