Thursday, 5 April 2007

A very creative day...

Lauz, you asked the question, *what is a ripple blanket?* Well, it is a crocheted blanket in a squiggly design!! I started this one for Liji's bed (when he gets in to a bed!) 3 weeks ago. The first photo is at Whanga, the second is taken tonight! I generally try to do one or two rows a day!On Thursday mornings K and I meet up (we visit each other's houses week about). The kids love playing together. And it is nice to have company and another set of hands! I got given a big bowl of organic apples yesterday! so i spent the morning peeling, chopping and stewing and chatting to K! I recommend finding a friend to do this with! Being a Mum is a BIG job, it is so neat to have someone to talk to who is also dealing with the same kind of issues!
I decided at lunch time today that i wanted to make a quilt for Roo's 3rd birthday. Her birthday is next Friday!!!! I went up to Spotlight and found the coolest shabby chic fabrics! I managed to get it cut out tonight, so, the next few nights will be full of the rumble of the sewing machine!!!!

4 comments:

Rach said...

gorgeous fabrics......it'll be so sweet (but y'know what?....this is another "village project";-) only I think you'll manage this one)

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of getting together with a friend to help each other on a regular basis. I have a friend who'd probably do that with me. What other kinds of things do you help each other with?

Setiuz Mama said...

What cool fabric Jess! Ruby will love it.....aren't our little 2 year olds growing up fast!!!!!
Thanks for explaining the ripple blanket...that looks really effective.
How neat that you and Karen can get together...that must be so refreshing. Have a lovely easter.

Anonymous said...

i love geometry involved in your blanket

yummmy apples I have stewed fruit with friends in the past the fellowship is good